Respect For Others:
1. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of fellow swimmers, coaches,
officials and spectators.
2. Respect the talent, potential and development of fellow swimmers and
3. Abide by the rules and respect the decision of the official, making
all appeals through the formal process and respecting the final decision.
4. Do not tolerate acts of aggression.
1. Be honest in your attitude and preparation to training. Work equally
hard for yourself and your team and cooperate with coaches and staff in
their endeavour to prepare you for competition at the highest level.
2. Be frank and honest with your coach concerning illness and injury and
your ability to train fully within the program requirements.
3. Arrive in advance of training session start times and warm up in
advance of the session commencing.
4. Behave with your coach as you would with a teacher, listen and pay
attention to instruction. Training should be fun but it is not play.
5. Conduct yourself in a considerate manner relating to language and
temper. Language in a public place or relevant group situation must always
be appropriate and socially acceptable.
6. Alcohol and smoking is totally forbidden for athletes under age as
defined by law.
7. The use of performance enhancing drugs and illegal substances is
totally forbidden. It is your responsibility to check that any medication
you take does not contain a banned substance under A.S.A. law.
Take pride in your appearance. At all time, your appearance shall be
appropriate to the circumstances as indicated by the team staff with Team
kit being worn as directed by the team staff.
1. A willingness to adopt, develop and sustain a “positive attitude”
towards team goals and objectives is required, together with a high level of
team co-operation with other team members and team staff.
2. Punctuality on all occasions is a desirable quality.
3. When required, team accommodation and transport as allocated by the
team staff shall be used.
4. When away with the team, members must attend all team meetings and
other functions as directed by the team staff and any team curfews must be
Breaches of this code shall be dealt with in the first instances by the team
staff. Where necessary, the team staff will follow this up with a report to
the Club Disciplinary Committee who shall take further action as is deemed